When you are ready to wean your baby boy from breastfeeding to bottle, you need to get yourself one of the best baby bottles for boys. Not many options out there are designed to suit baby boys exclusively. So this can become frustrating when you go over several bottles and can’t get the right one for your baby.
This is why it’s true that being a parent is so hard. It is even harder the first time around. Trying to gather everything and buy all the perfect products for your baby is like a full time job. Let me let you in on a little secret, nothing is going to be perfect, but there are some products that just make the process easier. An example is that of having the right bottles.
The bottle is what feeds your baby the nutrients they need. It is their only food source in the beginning. So make sure it is a bottle they like and that they are comfortable with it. If a baby does not like a bottle, it could prevent them from eating as much as they should.
Here are just a few bottles that haven been parent tested and are great bottles for feeding boys.
Navigate This Guide
- 1 Full Review of the Best Baby Bottles for Boys
Full Review of the Best Baby Bottles for Boys
The following are the suitable baby bottles you can buy for your baby boy. Each comes in different designs, sizes, features and price points. Reach the description carefully and select the one that best suits your preferences and budget.
Playtex Baby Ventaire Anti Colic Baby Bottle
The shape of this bottle is perfect for that! It is angled near the top of the bottle.
This angle makes a perfect fit for babies inclined or sitting up while eating, which is recommended by many pediatricians.
Laying flat while drinking a bottle can cause major health issues for babies. So this unique shaped bottle gets many thumbs up from parents.
On top of being a great shape, it has a special vent at the bottom of the bottle. These vent help keep air bubbles out of the milk, which means out of the stomach of a baby. With less air bubbles, there is a lower chance of gas, spit ups, and even colic. These vents are removable and keep a great design for keeping clean.
The nipple for this bottle is also fitting for any baby. The Natural latch nipple is wide and natural. This is great for any baby that has breastfed. It also has a raised texture added. That texture makes it easier for babies to latch and prevents slipping.
- Features a silicone vent for improved flow rate and each bottle is BPA-free
- Suitable for babies experiencing spit up or colic
- It is molded in an angled design to support upright feeding position
- Has raised texture and natural and wide shape
- Measures 11.5 x 7.3 x 3.9 inches and weighs 15.2 ounces
- It’s a vented, right-angled, plastic bottle
- Comes with 3 fast flow nipples and 4 fast flow nipples
- It produces fewer air bubbles for a reduced spit up
- Features an angled design to prevent ear infections
- Makes it easy to switch from breastfeeding to bottle-feeding
- It has a raised texture that gives your baby a natural latch
- Suitable for colicky babies
- It is made from BPA-free plastic
- Tend to be leaky
- Lots of part to put together or take apart to wash
- Limited nipple flow options
Overall, these are great baby bottles for boys. It is comfortable, easy to clean, prevents air bubbles, and even promotes inclined feeding. It is definitely worth looking into while shopping for bottles. Even though it is not that expensive, it’s still able to block baby’s gas issues so you should give it a try. The only downside is that there are inadequate flow options but if you don’t mind this then go ahead and buy these bottles.
Dr. Browns Baby Bottles for Boys
They are well known for the unique, in bottle air vent. The vent is placed inside the bottle, under the nipple and nipple ring.
It helps keep air bubble out of the milk and gives a very natural flow. It is very well known for preventing colic and gas. The steady flow and gas prevention make this bottle a great option for a breast feeding baby.
There are many options on type of nipples. Each one has a different level of flow, so the bottles can grow with the baby and their needs.
Some parents have complained about the extra piece, the vent, and how it is a little bit of a hassle to clean. So, keep that in mind but know it is the best bottle to prevent colic. It also does not have a removable bottom that many parents worry about.
Dr. Brown took an extra step and made these bottles very cute, they make the perfect baby bottles for feeding boys. There are options of blue bottles or clear bottles.
They have also come out with clear bottle that have boy themed designs on them. They are extremely adorable and are perfect to help keep track of bottles with multiple children.
- These bottles are free from PVC, BPA, lead and phthalate
- Each bottle gets a cap as well as level one nipples
- The bottles are made in China
- This is a plastic bottle
- It weighs 1.1 pounds and measures 8.6 x 6.9 x 4.7 inches
- They come with caps that covers the nipple and flat piece that blocks the milk from leaking out
- These bottles are designed to be used with the vent only
- The clear marks on them is not easy to see in dim lights
- They are standard size and not wide neck
- These are dishwasher safe
- These bottles are secure and sturdy
- Comes in great colors and looks
- Can help with babies suffering from colic
- Great customer service
- The measurements on the bottle are difficult to read
- They have a tendency to leak after heavy usage
The Dr. Browns Baby Bottles are some of the best bottles you can get for your baby in the market. Not only are they cute, but they can also help you stop your baby from spitting up and enjoying bottle feeding. The only downside is that the measurement marking on the bottles are transparent which makes them difficult to read.
MAM Anti-colic Baby Bottle
It focuses on taking air out of the milk, like the Dr. Brown bottle, and it uses a vent on the bottom, like the Playtex bottle. It opens on the bottom, where the vent is attached, which makes it very simple to clean.
This bottle comes with a very future forward nipple. It is flat. It ma y look a little funny or just seem odd, but it has amazing benefits. A real nipple flattens when a baby drinks, so this is easier for a breastfeeding baby to use. It is also textured for an easier latch and less slipping.
On top of these great qualities, the MAM bottle also makes adorable baby bottle for boys. They can be ordered in blue with many little designs. One popular bottle design is the one that had airplanes on it. They are super fun.
Another option that the MAM bottle offers is helping your baby prepare for the next steps to eating and drinking. They have a line of cups and bottles that help transition a baby from a bottle to a cup. This can be extremely helpful down the road. At times, it can be very stressful when transitioning a child to a cup.
A bottle brings them comfort and a familiar feeling. If they are slowly given bottles that very slowly become more and more like cups, they will not have that same stressful situation of losing some thing.
- Can be sterilized in the microwave in 3 minutes
- Cleaning, filling, assembly of the bottles are easy with their wide neck design
- Features removable vented base to regulate pressure
- The bottles are made from silicone and imported from China
- Comes with leak-proof cap that doubles as measuring cup
- Textured nipple surface to make it natural to baby
- Materials used in product are baby safe as they have gone thru extensive quality and safety testing
- Weighs 8.8 ounces and measures 7.3 x 5.7 x 2.9 inches
- The nipple opening is stage 1 slow flow for 0+ month babies
- These bottles are standard sized so they can go into most bottle warmers
- This is designed to prevent reflux, gas and colic
- The nipple is symmetrical so that to fit baby’s mouth comfortably
- The nipple is SkinSoft silicone to make it natural as possible
- Use a Leak-proof cap can also be used as measuring cup
- It is free from BPS, PVC, BPA and lead
- Requires lots of work to clean and piece together
- Two wide for a 1 month old baby
These bottles are suitable for you if you have a baby boy and especially if your baby is suffering from colic. However, there are many parts to these bottles and many parents have complained that it’s difficult to clean. Moreover, putting together might be work. Aside from these, they work great.
NUK 62049 Disney Baby Bottle
The measurements on it are clear and there are minimal parts to it, so you can put it together easily and start using it immediately.
If your baby boy doesn’t have patient for slow flow, you can switch to the medium flow nipples which releases the milk into your baby’s mouth faster.
The bottle is dishwasher safe and the parts are interchangeable so that you don’t have to purchase a whole Ned spirit cup system.
Most parents have reported that their babies prefers this to other bottles so if your baby is picky with bottles or you have spent a ton of money on different kinds of bottles and yet to strike a good one, try this out.
Moreover, they are great for bottle to cup transition because switching the bottle nipples for sippy spouts is quite easy.
- These bottles are BPA-free
- They are dishwasher safe and have leak-proof sealing hood
- Nipples on bottles have soft satiny finish to make it easier on baby’s palate
- The nipple size is medium flow so they are suitable for babies a little older
- The bottles are made from plastic
- Lids are provided with the bottles
- Practically mimics your baby’s natural way of feeding
- Cheap and affordable
- Easy to put together and works out of the package
- Dishwasher safe
- The design and visuals make it appealing to baby
- Might flow too fast for your baby
- Have a tendency to leak
Overall, I will recommend this for parents who have tried other bottles but have yet to strike the right one for their baby boy. Most reviewers love this not only because it is reasonably priced, but because their boys have taken an exclusive likeness to it. So buy this now to help your baby enjoy the same result.
Philips Avent Anti-colic Baby Bottles
It is molded from materials that are free from BPA (Bisphenol A) so that your child will not be exposed to colic or discomfort during feeding.
It is designed for infants and newborns and each package comes with 3 Anti-coli 4-Ounce BPA-free feeding bottles, 3 Anti-colic caps, and 3 Anti-colic nipples.
The bottles are round wide necked and have round edges as well as fewer parts so that cleaning and assembly can be hassle-free.
It is designed for breastfed babies of all ages and suitable for newborns because of just one hole that releases milk slowly. Also, the nipple is designed to prevent collapse, which is good for relaxed and uninterrupted feeding.
- There are only 4 parts to these bottles for easy cleaning and quick assembly
- Features a range of flow rates to grow with baby
- Available in three colors: Blue, Clear and Pink
- Three sizes are available: 4 ounce, 9 ounce and 11 ounce with the 4 ounce size being more expensive
- Nipples are shaped with ribbed texture to prevent collapse
- Wide neck for easy filling of formula
- It is made from plastic and BPA-free
- The product measures 8.2 x 6.3 x 2.8 inches
- Can be used with infants, bottle and breastfed babies
- It is lightweight and easy to carry about
- Easy to clean and assemble
- Made from high quality materials
- Wide mouth for easy decant of formula into bottle
- It helps your baby practice feeding unassited
- Suitable for those who do breast-pump
- May be too light for the baby boy
- May produce milk too fast for your baby boy
With the Philips Avent Anti-colic Baby Bottles, your baby will be able to control the milk flow as they do when they feed from the mother. This is recommended for you if you are feeding a boy of 0-3 months as the bottles are very light and easy to handle by the baby.
Short Guide on the Best Baby Bottle for Boys
Before you buy your next baby bottle, there are certain terminologies you need to familiarize yourself with. If you are well versed in these or have been buying bottles for a while, then you can just choose one of the items we listed above. If you are buying for the first time, be mindful of some of the following:
Usually, the nipples on baby bottles come in different levels. These levels are related to the age of your baby. You will need to change them regularly, usually because your baby has outgrown them or they are discolored, cracked, worn out, etc.
They come in two varieties of silicone and latex with the silicone being firmer and more lasting than latex.
Just as baby bottles fit different stages in your baby’s growth, they also come in different sizes and choices. Some are contoured while others are straight. And still others are wide-shaped. Depending on your baby’s preferences, any of these can be chosen but they have their advantages and disadvantages.
On one hand, the baby bottles that have a wide neck are usually easier to use and make it easy for you to pour in formula. The can be handy when you are on the move as they easily go into the bottle holder in your car or stroller.
On the other hand, the angled designs make for a firm and comfortable grasp. The straight ones have their own ergonomics so you need to
Some models of baby bottles now boast of anti-colic features such as special venting system that are built into the bottom or nipple of the bottle.
These systems are put in place to block passage of air into the milk passage to your baby’s tummy so as to reduce gas and spit up. Most parents have found bottles designed with these system works well for their babies but there are no conclusive evidence on their effectiveness.
You should pay attention to the material the most as it will determine how often you need to replace the bottle for your baby boy. You can choose from stainless steel, plastic or glass.
Stainless steel bottles are the most expensive, less common type of baby bottles. Aside from the fact that they are pricey, they have a lot of benefits such as being free from BPA material and unbreakable. They also last for very long although they can make measuring difficult.
Plastic on the other hand are readily available but might require regular replacement because they tend to deteriorate quickly. When buying plastic bottles, make sure they are BPA-free.
Glass bottles are also expensive but are more obtainable compared to Stainless steel bottles. They also last longer, free from BPA material but they can shatter when your baby drops them.
Also read: Best Outdoor Baby Swing
Final Words on the Best Baby Bottles for Boys
So, with many bottles out there, make sure to take the time and learn what might be best for you and your child. All of these bottles are amazing options, but not one child is exactly the same. Many mothers say to but one or two of each bottle to test at first.
Your baby will let you know what is best for them. If they want to kind of sit up, a bottle with an angle may be the best option. If they refuse a bottle, they may need a bottle with a more natural feel.
If they are spitting up a lot or become very gassy, they may need a bottle that focuses on removing air bubbles from the milk. Your baby knows what is best, so watch for their signals!
And with this short guide on the best baby bottles for boys, you now have a couple of options you can choose from and revisit whenever you need a new bottle for your baby.