If you are expecting a little one soon or are looking for the best infant swing to give as a gift, you have come to the right place. Finding the best infant swing can be a daunting task as there are many things to consider before purchasing. However, we have provided the best baby swing reviews below of 10 different swings. You will find details about each one as well as the pros and cons of each swing.
We have broken down the article into different categories and placed each swing in its respective category. Some swings fit into more than one category, but they have been placed in the category that is most relevant to them. Prices of these items may change at any point in time and might not be consistent with the prices below.
Swing reviews on Amazon varied depending on many factors, such as the size of the baby to the amount of time a caregiver needed the baby to swing for. As a caregiver, you need to consider these things as well when looking at the reviews below. What are your most needed features when thinking about a swing? What features can you do away with? How long will you need the baby to stay in the swing each session? Consider these questions and try to answer them as you read through the baby swing reviews below.
Keep in mind that all 10 swings below use AC adapters so you never have to go searching through your drawers for batteries. However, if you choose to use batteries, they all function on batteries as well.
Navigate This Guide
- 1 Technology Smart Swings
- 2 Most Expensive Baby Swings
- 3 Two-in-One Swings
- 4 Most Compact Swings
Technology Smart Swings
The 4moms, mamaRoo is one of the top notch and most talked about in swing reviews around the internet. It has five motions that replicate the same movements parents make when they are swaying and soothing their baby. These movements are called: wave, car ride, kangaroo, tree swing, and rock-a-bye. It fully reclines and is Bluetooth enabled which allows you to fully control motion and sound straight from your smartphone.
The 4moms, mamaRoo has built-in speakers and an MP3 plug-in for further soothing options. The minimum weight for usage is five pounds and the maximum is 25 pounds.
Although this seems like a really neat gadget to have, it doesn’t really provide superior features in contrast to other swings. The smartphone control is definitely a great feature, but that’s probably the only thing this swing has that some other swings don’t.
- It is compact and can easily fit small areas
- It is quite a unique and fun high-tech gadget
- The mobile on it does not move
There is no nightlight on the control buttons
Ingenuity Inlighten 2-in-1 Cradling Swing
The Ingenuity Inlighten has some similar features to the mamaRoo including mp3 and smart phone connection. A smartphone can be used to entertain babies with music, videos or images. Further, it has eight melodies and three nature sounds, along with six different swing speeds. The seat is oversized to provide extra comfort for little ones and has two adjustable recline positions.
With a minimum weight usage of 5.5 pounds, your baby can start using it as soon as they arrive home from the hospital.
Overall this is a great swing that does resemble the mamaRoo with some features and it even has some extras such as a moving mobile. However, it doesn’t seem to meet the same quality of standards as swings within this price range.
- It has WhisperQuite technology that will prevent the motor from making annoying noises
- The seat can be removed and used as a rocker
- The birds on the mobile move around and there is a mirror there as well to provide more entertainment
- The seat lacks good head support for newborns
- It is bulkier than other swings
Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Smart Connect Cradle ‘N Swing
It has three colorful birds on the mobile above the baby’s head and one of the birds has a small mirror. The seat is wide and cozy for little ones and has a five-point harness for extra safety.
This looks like a great concept for a swing, but it seems to be lacking. The 4-in-1 feature is really just a 2-in-1 and the chair when taken off from the swing does not do anything automatically. It is still pretty neat since it allows parents to remotely activate the sound and motion from smartphones.
- It has 16 songs and many nature sounds
- The app is compatible with many Apple and Android devices
- The birds on the mobile light up to further entertain babies
- The rocker alone doesn’t do much and needs to manually be rocked
Most Expensive Baby Swings
Fisher-Price Cradle ‘N Swing, My Little Snugabunny
The Fisher-Price Cradle ‘N Swing is one of the most popular and most purchased baby swings on Amazon. The swing comes with a soft head rest that is suitable for infants who are unable to hold their heads. It has a variety of sounds, movements, and music so that little ones are always entertained. With six different speed options, two swinging motions, and three cradle positions, you will be able to soothe your baby in many ways.
This swing folds down to easily move around or to store out of the way when not in use. The included mobile has some cute and colorful birds on it as well as a mirror to help in keeping your baby stimulated and engaged.
Overall, this is a great swing and has a 4.5-star rating on Amazon with over 1,400 customer reviews. It soothes, relaxes, and will probably lull some babies to sleep. However, it is a bit pricey compared to other swings with the similar features.
- It has an AC adapter and can take four D batteries if needed
- It can swing side to side or front to back
- There is no minimum weight limit, thus, it can be used the same day the baby comes homes
- The weight limit is 25 pounds and some babies might outgrow it quickly
- It is quite big and might take up a bit of space
Fisher-Price Papasan Cradle Swing
The Fisher-Price Papasan swing has a side to side cradle and front to back swing motion. It also has 16 songs, six swing speeds, and nature sounds to help soothe your little one. The motorized mobile has music, soft hanging toys, and a starlight show to keep your baby entertained.
The seat on this swing has a two position recline and can be adjusted to a right, left, or center facing position. There is also an easily removable tray with two additional toys.
This baby swing plus adapter seems like it has a few more extras than other swings, such as the tray in the front with the additional toys. The netting is also pretty neat and the starlight show looks like it might be quite entertaining.
- The seat is made of very comfortable fabric and looks cozy
- The swing has daytime and nighttime songs to match a baby’s mood
- It has a cute canopy that covers a baby from the sides and back
- It has a loud motor which might not be ideal for babies who need silence
- The provided headrest might not be enough for supporting an infant’s head
Graco Glider Elite Baby Swing
The Graco Glider Elite is a two-in-one product, it doubles as a swing and bouncer. It has a three-way soothing method with a bouncing seat, two vibration speeds, and a gentle gliding motion. If you choose to use it as a bouncer, you can easily remove the seat from the base and move it around to different areas of your home.
With a three position recline and a comfortable and plush body support seat for newborns, your baby will be very cozy. The swing has six gliding speeds, 10 classic melodies, and five nature sounds to match your baby’s mood at different times of the day. This baby swing with AC adapter will be a crucial gadget for keeping your little one content and relaxed.
This is a great swing that allows you to save space and money with its two-in-one design. It is reasonably priced and gets the job done of soothing your little one.
- At seven pounds, it is light enough to move from room to room
- It has a five-point harness on the seat for additional safety
- The maximum weight is 30 pounds
- The two hanging bears are not very appealing
- The music might not be the most entertaining
Graco Duetsoothe Swing and Rocker
Similar to the Ingenuity Inlighten, this Graco swing can be used as both a swing and separate rocker. It has three seating positions and a side to side and head to toe swaying motion. When used alone, the rocker has a vibration option with two-speed settings. The rocker has a built-in handle that makes it easy to carry the baby to different rooms.
The seat is wide and comfortable and has a five point harness. The swing has six-speed settings, 10 melodies, and five nature sounds.
Overall, this baby swing plus adapter is great for its two-in-one function and has enough melodies to keep little ones entertained.
- It’s a two in one product that will save you space and money
- The toys on the mobile move around
- It can accommodate babies between 5.5 and 30 pounds on the swing and 5.5 to 25 on the rocker
- The swing makes loud noises when in use
Most Compact Swings
Fisher-Price Power Plus SpaceSaver Cradle ‘N Swing
This Fisher-Price infant swing has a side to side and head to toe swinging motion. It has six different swing speeds, 10 melodies, and nature sounds. At six pounds, it is lightweight and can be conveniently moved around from room to room. It can also fold up without much effort and stored when not in use. It is so compact that you can even carry it with you on trips out of town.
Out of the box, this infant swing takes about 20 to 30 minutes to set up. It has an AC adapter so that caregivers don’t have to constantly change the batteries. If you plan on traveling and don’t have access to an AC adapter, there is an option for using four D batteries.
This infant swing has similar features to the Fisher-Price Cradle ‘N Swing, but this one is much cheaper. It is also much lighter, more compact, and easier to move around.
- It is very compact and can fit in small places
- It is reasonably priced
- It has three cute mobile toys
- It does not have a recline option
- The music turns offs a bit too quickly and needs to be turned on again
Graco Glider Lite LX Gliding Swing
This is a very compact, lightweight, and portable swing that has many features of full swings. It has six gliding speeds, 10 classic melodies, and five nature sounds that will help in keeping your little one amused.
The toy bar can be removed for easy access to your baby and the seat has a five point harness strap for additional safety.
Overall, this swing seems to one of the most affordable on Amazon. Without too many bells and whistles, it keeps babies entertained and glides them to sleep.
- It comes with a built-in timer that saves power or battery life if you choose that route
- The seat is spacious and has a head support cushion
- The toys on the bar seem like they wouldn’t provide much entertainment
Graco Simple Sway Baby Swing
Without all the bells and whistles of more expensive swings, the Graco Simple Sway is one of the best infant swings and #1 Best Seller on Amazon. It has six swinging speeds that will allow you to match the speed that is perfect for your baby’s mood. To provide variations for your baby, this swing has 10 songs, five nature sounds and three soft toys on the hanging mobile.
This swing is conveniently suitable for babies who are a minimum of 5.5 pounds and a maximum of 30 pounds. With a gentle, side to side swinging motion, your baby will be swayed and soothed to sleep. Or at least there will be a few minutes of quiet while the baby relaxes for a little bit.
For the price, this is a decent baby swing with AC adapter that does everything you would expect from a baby swing. It has enough music and swinging speeds to keep little babies soothed.
- It is under a $100 and the #1 Best Seller on Amazon
- The seat is roomy and comfortable enough for growing babies
- It has a five-point harness for extra safety
- Even though it has a compact frame, it is a bit heavy at 19 pounds
- It does not have much head support for newborns
After reading through the baby swing reviews, you’re probably wondering: which one should I buy now? Again, it all comes down to your baby’s needs and your preference. We provided you with the best baby swing reviews so that you can come to some conclusions. You might still be confused and unsure of which one to get. However, you will now have a better idea of which direction to go. If technology smart swings are sounding good right now, then you’ll be able to narrow down your choices based on the list above.
If you’re looking for some compact and easy to carry around the house and transport on trips, you can also narrow down your choices based on the list provided. Think about when the swing will be needed the most and what functions will make it most useful to you and your baby.