We have decided to team up with you and help you in your quest to relieve your little one from this disease by selecting the Best Bottles For Acid Reflux. A baby suffering from colic or gastroesophageal reflux, needs all the care and commitment from you.
Although there are many baby swings on the market, it may be difficult to select the best baby bottles for acid reflux for your baby. However, with a little bit of guidance and some creativity, you can get your hands on the right one.
The bottle is what feeds your baby the nutrients they need. It is their only food source in the beginning. So make sure it is a bottle they like and that they are comfortable with it. If a baby does not like a bottle, it could prevent them from eating as much as they should.
Navigate This Guide
- Best Bottles For Acid Reflux in 2017 — Buyer Guide
- Symptoms of Reflux
- How is it Caused?
- How to Prevent or Treat Reflux
- Here are The Top Five Best Bottles For Acid Reflux
- Tomme Tippee Closer to Nature Anti-Colic Starter Kit
- Playtex Baby Ventaire Anti Colic Baby Bottle
- Munchkin Latch 12 Piece Newborn Bottle Gift Set
- Mixie Formula-Mixing Baby Bottles
- Flipsi Natural Silicone Baby Bottle
- Final Words on the Best Bottles For Acid Reflux
Best Bottles For Acid Reflux in 2017 — Buyer Guide
Acid reflux is a familiar disease to most parents, especially mothers who are parenting an infant. It can become frustrating if your baby suffers from this condition and you can’t find a solution to suit him or her.
Although colic can be a big concern (moreso if you are a new parents), knowing the symptoms will help you identify the fact that your baby is suffering from acid reflux. When you are able to identify the signs, it becomes easier to sought for appropriate solutions such as choosing the best bottles for acid reflux babies.
Symptoms of Reflux
How can you tell if your infant has reflux? Usually, they will show noticeable symptoms that can help determine if they are suffering from reflux. If you suspect that your baby has acid reflux then here are some major signs to look out for:
- Frequent Vomiting
- Problems Breathing
- Prolong Coughing
- Gassy After Meals
- Spits-Up Odd Colors or Consistency
- Refuses to Eat
- More Irritable After Meals
- Blood in Stool
- Forcefully Projectile Vomit/Spits-Up
Although these can be signs of acid reflux, it’s better to take your baby to see a doctor who can properly diagnose the cause of the symptoms to be on the safe side.
How is it Caused?
Spiting up a bit of food after feeding time is a normal response in every baby, which is mostly caused by their liquid diets, frequently being on their backs, and the simple fact that their small bodies are still developing.
However, as stated above, if your infant is spitting up multiple times within a day or a few hours, then there might be a cause for concern. Some uncommon but serious types of reflux are food allergies or intolerance, or GERD.
Also Read: Best Outdoor Baby Swing
How to Prevent or Treat Reflux
Treatment can be handled in several ways but some of the better ways are usually the least intrusive and expensive, and much more dependent on how much your baby is affected by this condition. Here are some methods that you can do at home to help remedy the discomforting reflux:
- Altering the Position in Which They Sleep — If your baby spits up while sleeping in the night then you might want to change their napping position to be more elevated while they stay lying on their back.
- Change How You Hold Them — After you feed your baby, as soon as you are finished, try to hold them upright to allow the food in their tiny stomachs to settle down.
- Frequent Burping— It’s important that you burp your baby after every meal to try and limit the cause of spit ups. Trapped air in their tummies can create gas, vomiting, and discomforting.
- Feed Them More Often— Another way to minimize spit-ups is not fully filling up their stomachs but instead feeding them less of the portion but more frequently in order to keep it down. When babies have weak stomachs and have reflux, they are more likely to vomit on a full belly.
- Adjust Bottles and Nipples — You may have to experiment to find out which bottles will work best for your baby but there are many options available. You want to try to find a bottle that will keep the nipple full of milk rather than air. The goal is to limit the amount of air that your baby swallows. This is by far the easiest and quickest way you can remedy reflux. If you find the right bottle then that usually solves the issue quickly.
Features You Want in Your Bottles to Fight Reflux
Since picking the right bottles is the quickest and one of the most effective solutions in combating reflux, you should be informed what features could better help your baby find relief. Below are some features that make great baby bottles for acid reflux:
- Find the Right Nipple Size — Every baby is different which is why you need to make sure you get the right size that is capable of staying full during feeding times. This can limit the spit-up and make it easier to burp them.
- Air Flow Control Valve— The very best feature you can find in bottles for acid reflux are any designs that reduce or more ideally eliminate air bubbles that can be trapped in the milk. This will decrease the grassiness and thus prevent spit-up.
Here are The Top Five Best Bottles For Acid Reflux
The truth is that there are hundreds of feeding bottles out there but there are only a few of them that can be called the best bottle for reflux. Because of this, you have to be picky and selective on the best bottle for reflux that you want to choose for your baby.
Purchasing a baby bottle that is designed specifically for fighting gas and colic in baby is one of the best ways of reducing the effect of this disease on your baby.
As such, we have compiled the best bottles for babies with reflux so that you can look through their features and benefits and then choose the one that will not only help you fight colic and gas in your baby but will also be affordable for you.
Also Read: Best Baby Bottles for Boys of 2017
Tomme Tippee Closer to Nature Anti-Colic Starter Kit
Closer to Nature is an anti-colic starter set that was created to decrease airflow during feeding by using exceptional tubes and valves to enhance venting, making it safer for baby to drink.
The nipples, which are soft as skin, are designed to flex and feel as though they are actually breastfeeding to make latching more natural.
This is one of the bottles that many moms and babies have found to suit them not only for suiting colic but also to solve other problems associated feeding.
It is closer to a mother’s nipple and have been moderately preferred by breastfed babies. For this reason, it is recommended for you if you want to get yourself and your baby a suitable bottle for caring for relux or gas.
Playtex Baby Ventaire Anti Colic Baby Bottle
A bottle that is designed much differently from the first one on the list as it does not rely on tubes control airflow.
Instead it has a unique venting system on the top that helps prevent gas, spit-ups, and discomfort by keeping air at the back.
The bottle itself is curved at an upright semi-angle to avoid ear infections.
In addition, it has an easy latching nipple to make switching from breastfeeding to the bottle-feeding a bit easier. You can also choose from 2 different sizes depending on the age of your baby.
Munchkin Latch 12 Piece Newborn Bottle Gift Set
This also gives baby control over the flow of milk as the infant puts pressure on the nipple it mimics the real thing.
The flexible nipple and one-way valve that reduces air-bubbles both promote better latching for your baby.
The Munchkin Latch 12 Piece Newborn Bottle Gift Set is one of the suitable baby bottles for your baby if he/she is experiencing spit up or gassy tommy.
It comes with an assortment of nipples that each have varying flow rates so that as your baby grows, you won’t have to buy a replacement bottle for feeding.
Mixie Formula-Mixing Baby Bottles
This simple yet useful design features a formula compartment in the bottle where you can fill up with formula whenever you are on the move with your baby.
When it’s time to feed, you just push the bottom, shake it, and your baby is ready to feed. If you are always on the go or on errands or your baby is exclusive formula fed, this is a great option for you.
If you are among those mothers who are afraid of forgetting the formula or to come along with water, you now have a solution at your fingertips.
Since hunger doesn’t have any other solution except food, this bottle helps you make feeding an instant matter.
Although it is a bit pricey, it is far better than other models in the same category. Fortunately, the Mixie Formula-Mixing Baby Bottle is compatible with Dr. Brown’s, Born Free, MAM, and NUK wide neck silicone nipples. Finally, the Mixie Formula Mixing Baby Bottle is easy to use on trips, walks and car rides as it eliminates the need to go out with a formula compartment.
Flipsi Natural Silicone Baby Bottle
It is very easy to clean and molded in such a way that it captures the natural feeding experience that your baby needs to latch on to the bottle when it’s meal time. Whether you are feeding your baby milk or formula, you will feel secure and restful because the Flips Bottle is made from safe silicone material.
You can start using it with your newborn up to 9+ month of age. No one wants to spend the evening scrubbing at sticky milk residue from baby bottle, so this bottle has been design in such a way that you can flip it inside out and clean it in minutes.
Furthermore, The bottle comes with a push mechanism that allows you to push air out of the bottle to prevent it from mixing with your baby’s meal. To make it the safest baby bottle for your little one, the bottle has been rigorously tested to meet FDA and CPSC safety standards for infant feeding bottles.
Because it is made from silicone and polypropylene, all the bottles are safe from PVC, PET, nitrosamines, lead, phthalate, BPA, BPS, and latex. Finally, it is dishwasher, freezer, microwave, boiling water, and dishwasher safe.
Final Words on the Best Bottles For Acid Reflux
In conclusion, these are the top 3 best bottles for acid reflux babies. The buying guide just serves as a way to pick the right bottle for you and your little one. Keep in mind, bottles aren’t a one size fits all. What that means is that, just because one family uses 1 type of bottle doesn’t mean you and your family have to.
Now that you are through with this article, you should have a good idea what product to buy. Remember to create your own list of criteria and know your preferences. This will hep you select the Best Bottles For Acid Reflux that not only suits your baby but fits your budget nicely.