When it comes to baby’s development, there are so many things you can do or buy. And before you can do any of these two, you have to go through some learning.
Let’s say you want to buy a new jumperoo for your little one. As a new parent — especially if you are a new parent or expecting — you definitely don’t know about jumperoo unless you have had a previous experience. If it is the former, then you need to learn what jumperoos are, what they do, how to select the best, and be able to decide whether a particular model suits your preferences.
The most important step there is to be familiar with a model, learn the most important features on it and quickly decide if it is for you and your child or not.
If you are reading this review, then you are at this stage. You want to buy a new jumperoo for your beautiful, adoring, and blooming youngster. Now, you can’t decide on any unit until you know more about it. Now that you have narrowed down to read our Fisher-Price Luv U Zoo Jumperoo review, all you need to do is read and learn as much as you need before buying it.
Therefore in this review, we present you with the features, pros, cons, and a comprehensive overview of the Fisher Price Luv U Jumperoo. If you enjoy it, don’t forget to share this post with friends to also benefit.
Navigate This Guide
Overview of Features
- Made from plastic, polyester, and metal
- Baby’s jumper is rewarded with sounds and lights
- Can be adjusted to three different heights as baby grows
- Durable, free-standing steel frame allows your baby jump safely
- No doorway is required to use it
- The seat rotate 360 degree so your baby can discover all toys around
- Includes soft spring fabric to keep your baby’s finger safe
It is recommended for use with children of 6 months and above.
Some parents have used it with children much younger than that, however, it is safer, more comfortable, and better to use with an older child.
It is well known that the hips of the baby is not well developed when he or she is younger than 6 months. And besides that, the legs might not touch the floor when the jumperoo is used at such an early stage stage. This may cause abnormal development of the hips in the future.
360 Degree Spin
Since there are many activities around the Luv U Jumperoo, there is need to constantly turn around in order to enjoy all of these. Fortunately, this unit can spin around softly. All your baby need is to turn and then he or she will be presented with a clean set of toys or other entertaining items.
At the fore front of the jumper, there are scores of toys that your baby can easily play with. There are lesser items on the back and when your baby turn there, it is just to look around from the unit.
This advantage of this is that this unit grows with your baby.
The adjustable height feature allows you to set different height levels as your baby grows older.
There levels one, level two, and level three.
When your baby is around 4 months, the suitable level would be level one. When your baby’s heigh reach a milestone, say at 8 months, you can transition to the second level. And by the time your little one is a year old, he or she should be on the last level.
Variety of Toys
The jumper is surrounded by colorful toys that accompanies your baby’s jumping, rattling and spinning.
Your baby will be able to develop a cute acumen about animals at a very little age. With toys in the caricature of lion, elephant, fish, hippo, etc., your baby will not only receive sensory stimulation but will also be able be conversant with the form of the different animals — of course not in the real sense.
Moreover, the wide variety of toys also presents an opportunity for your baby to self-play and self-learn. This will help your children learn how to play properly, which is often missing in most children who are glued to the TV. Most of them don’t learn how to play properly and here your baby has the opportunity to explore and self-soothe.
The toys are easily replaceable. If you notice your baby have a strong preference for this unit, then it would not be thrifty to look for a new model unless it breaks down. All you have to do is to replace some items like the toys when they are broken so as to keep the entertainment factor for your baby there.
Some users have reported the seat occupying their babies put to an hour even though the same cannot be said of some other products.
When you are not busy, you can play with your child while awake and in the seat. But when you need to get something else done, you can be sure the seat can hold up your baby for some time.
The frame is constructed of a durable tripod support steel frame and non-slip footholds. This means that the jumper can be used by your little one for a long period of time.
Before using it, ensure your baby has very good head control as this will help with balance in standing and prevent accident. The frame can support up to 25 pounds, so it is not expected to break easily except if you have a heavy baby.
Ease of Use
If you are not satisfy with the regular wipe, you can remove it and put it in the wash in order to wash it properly.
There is a little tray on the unit where you can place some snacks for your baby so he or she can eat while playing as well.
Although you shouldn’t leave your baby to play independently on the jumperoo, having a tray to put some eatables will help you give your baby the stepping stone to eating independently.
As mentioned elsewhere in this article, this product is best used with children of 5 months or above. Although some websites recommend using it with a 3 month old, I wouldn’t advice parents put their 3 month old child in it.
This is because the baby is still learning to hold their head and achieve proper balance. It would be out of place to have this baby jumping or bouncing around in a jumperoo at this early stage. Even if you have a child that is at the upper tier or the height chart, if your baby is not more than 4 months old, please reserve the unit till he or she reaches 5 months.
Some parents have noted that at 4 months of age, their baby’s leg couldn’t even reach the ground and that means they wouldn’t even balance when propped up with a towel.
- Can easily engage your baby when he or she is able to control his or her head unassisted. The animals and activities and colors on the jumperoo are engaging and not boring like other models on the net. If you have an adventurous child, then this model should suit him or her well.
- The swing presents presents lots of opportunities for your baby to learn. And this is crucial for the overall development of your baby.
- The unit provides an avenue for fun and entertainment through variety of toys to invigorate your baby’s audio-visual senses.
- As your baby plays with the toys and experiment with the different textures on the jumper, he will be able to develop his tactile senses. Your baby will also be able to develop his or her motor skills through jumping, bouncing, and spinning with the jumper. Most importantly, your baby can develop a strong eye coordination through dragging and pulling at the toys.
- You can easily adjust the height of the jumperoo as your child grows. This not only helps you save some cash — you would otherwise have spent on buying a new model — but also allow your baby to keep to something he or she is already familiar with.
- It is made of hard plastic without any cushion
- Has a larger footprint
- Not easy to move around
- It maybe harder for short children to spin the seat
The Fisher-Price Luv U Zoo Jumperoo is a worthy investment for parents who wants a complete package for their little one. This is the best option for you if you have an inquisitive baby who likes to touch, play with, and drag things.
Moreover, the jumper will help your baby develop the need sensory, audio-visual, tactile, and auditory prowess. This jumperoo is not only popular among parents, but it has been consistently rated highly across board. In fact, it is the #1 selling item on Amazon.com at the time of writing this review.