This is an unbiased review of the 4moms mamaRoo Baby Swing. In order to provide you with complete information and detailed guide, I have researched the experience of users on the product, expert advice and other reviews before coming up with the article. By the end of this review, you should be able to decide confidently whether to buy this product or not.
Navigate This Guide
4moms Mamaroo Baby Swing: Things You Should Know
When you are buying a new car, you try to learn about cars in general. You learn how to drive it, how to do basic repair, how to maintain it, and a whole lot of things. Although, if you don’t do all these things, you will still be able to buy the car and probably enjoy it. But someone who did all that will have a better experience than you.
The same can be said about baby swings too. You need to know everything about the 4moms mamaRoo Baby Swing before you put your money on it.
If this is your first time of reading mamaroo baby swing reviews, you will definitely find that there are lots of things to know about this model. However, reading through all the mamaroo reviews will arm you with necessary information to make an informed decision.
Most mamaroo baby swing reviews don’t go into details about the swing. After researching the product, it is clear there are many things you need to know about it before you actually buy it.
- The seat fabric is not water resistant. Some parents ask questions like, “is the seat fabric water resistant?’ Technically, the seat fabric is not meant to be water resistant. However, it is machine washable so you can remove it to clean it up properly. You can also just wipe it with a damp cloth if you have a spill on it that is not too much.
- In order to keep the safety requirements into perspective, it is not wise to use this swing for more than 25 pounds and up to 6 months. In some mamaRoo baby swing reviews, you can easily read that this swing is usable up to 4 years. This is bad advice. At 6-8 months, your baby will be able to sit up unassisted. And it is at this stage that you should stop using this swing. Conclusively, since the mamaroo swing weight limit is 25 pounds as stated by the manufacturer, you should stick with that and not use it with a baby that is above 25 pounds.
- There are 5 different motions on this swing. According to the manufacturer, there are no time out for each motion, so the mamaRoo can continue to work. However, if you use it for 4 hours straight, without any break, then it will shut off automatically.
- Don’t try to use the mamaRoo without a reversible newborn insert. This swing does not have any support for a baby safe the straps. And a newborn will need some support like head support, body support, etc. To ensure maximum safety for your child then, use a newborn insert and you will be glad you did.
- Does this unit make noise while moving? Honestly, there is no answer to this. You have to try it out yourself. To relieve you, there has been no negative reviews about this so far.
- When you read through mamaroo reviews, you will see most people will list 1-year warranty for this product. What you may not read in momaroo reviews is that the warranty is only valid for the original purchaser and in the original country of purchase. You also have to provide the evidence of purchase to be considered.
- Some parents don’t know that the Bluetooth feature can be turned off. There is actually an option to turn off the Bluetooth feature if you don’t want it. Also, the distance between the 4moms baby swing is 10 inches according to the manufacturer.
Also Read: Graco Simple Sway Baby Swing Review
4moms mamaRoo Baby Swing Full Review
The 4moms mamaRoo Baby Swing is an expensive but stylish baby swing. It differs from the traditional models in terms of functionality, design, and features. The design should appeal to a modern family who prefers high-tech, feature-rich baby products to stale ones. Below is more detailed information about this model:
1. This swing can switch from side to side and can bounce up and down. This is similar to the movements you make when you are comforting your baby. This advantage of this is that your baby will relax and find no much different between your sway and this swing. Interestingly, there are five unique motions on this unit, making it different from other models.
2. The 4moms mamaRoo has a full recline. This means that you can adjust the swing to any position to suit your baby’s preferences. Sometimes, your baby just want to rest and relax. While at other times, your baby may just want to sit upright and look at you while being entertained by the swing. This feature ensures that your baby is comfortable in each of this position.
3. You can control the sound and motion with your smartphone. If you are busy or like to do things with less stress, then you will want this feature. Sometimes you maybe busy in the kitchen your child needs to change motion, all you need is to bring out your smartphone and press a button. And you don’t have to reach for the swing when you want to change the sound for suiting your child.
4. There are built-in sounds and MP3 plug-in. There are two options here. If you have favorite songs that your child is already used to, all you have to do is connect your smartphone or MP3 player to the swing and have it playing in no time. However, if you are cool with the inbuilt sounds in this baby swing, there are conspicuous buttons to operate that.
5. This baby swing is available in variety of colors to choose from. You can choose from classic black, multi plush, silver plush, designer plush, and classic grey. Different colors for different purposes. This is particularly great if your tot prefers certain colors or fashion. Moreover, you have excellent options to choose from if you want the color of the swing to match your room’s color palette.
6. The 4moms mamaRoo baby swing is one of the most expensive items out there. If you are ready to expend a couple of hundred dollars on a baby swing, then you can go for it. It is clearly not a cheap baby swing. However, it comes with lots of excellent features and is backed by superb performance. Moreover, most parents like it because of the flexibility, design, and the portability.
7. This baby swing is a great space saver. With several settings/motions and the most innovative design, you will find that this swing has a very small footprint.
8. This baby swing is made from soft multi-plush materials that is easier on the skin. This means that your baby will not be irritated when you place him/her into the swing. Also, it will be easier for your baby to sleep, rest, and spend some time in the swing when you are busy. Moreover, it is machine washable, so that you can always remove the seat at any time and wash it when your tot soils it.
9. The instructions for setting up the unit is clear and simple and the seat itself comes together easily. This means that setting up 4moms mamaRoo shouldn’t take you more than a few minutes and you won’t go through long hours of toil just to get it up and running. That sounds like a plus for those who are looking at this ‘pricey baby swing’ from across the room.
10. Most of the extra features that comes with this unit are, unfortunately, of a poor quality. There is complaint about the speaker being poor quality and the sound being plain. Moreover, it may be impossible to operate on batteries as some customers have stated.
11. In terms of soothing your baby, this product may not live up to its claim. When looked at critically, this swing appeals to parents sense of fashion more than the baby’s preferences. It is stylish, highly plushy and pimped, but it actually scores low in helping your infant relax and comforted.
12. The mamaRoo 4moms swing is one of the lightest models around. It only have a footprint of 400 square inches, which is far smaller than most of the other swings on the market. It is equally easy to move around the house since it is compact and portable.
13. This model operates on a 3-point harness system. This is quite good for small babies, but may break down when used with larger/heavier babies. Since the seat is shallow, placing your baby in it may cause it to scoot downwards. Therefore, never let your eyes off your child for a long time when you place him/her in the swing.
14. The other version from mamaRoo is the rockaRoo, which is much cheaper and simpler. However, considering the features of the rockaRoo, it is no more than a trimmed down version of the 4moms.
15. This infant swing has a number of accessories that you can use to supplement this product. You can add The 4moms Newborn Insert at $40 and 4moms Extra mamaRoo seat fabric at $40 to your purchase.
16. A lot of research and thought actually goes into the manufacturing of this baby swing. The manufacturer studied how parents hold, swing, and rock their babies and then come up with the same concept in the 4moms mamaRoo baby swing. With the five unique swinging motions, this swing is able to move in the same motion as you when you try to comfort your little one.
17. The motion pattern is slow, but soothing. Some parents have complained that this slowness makes it disliked by their babies. However, this has received some good feedback from parents since it actually helps to relax their babies. The sound from the motor is low-profile too, so although you can hear it, it is not so loud that the buillt-in sounds can’t cover it.
18. You can change the speed of each motion. Since babies are different, their taste and needs will definitely be miles apart. If you have a baby that likes to be rocked longer than you can bear, you can find a good companion in this swing. Just switch the settings and rest your baby in the swing.
19. 4moms mamaRoo is easy to operate. The conspicuous buttons on the front of the swing are simple to understand so changing settings shouldn’t be a hassle anytime you are operating the swing.
20. The fabric wipes clean easily. The seat can also be zipped off for washing and it is deeply rooted so it can fully accommodate your little one.
21. The swing comes with a couple of variations, however these seems to be very slow. The speed of the movement of a swing is what sooth the baby, and if it is too slow, it might irritate the baby. Consequently, the highest speed on the mamaRoo is not close to that of a standard baby swing. Consequently, the style and speed is completely different from what you find in a bouncer or swing. The motion pattern of the mamaRoo is in between.
22. The mobile on the mamaRoo is not that efficient, compared to what you find on most swings. You would have to twirl it every now and then for it to run for long hours. According to 4moms, the mobile should be there for the baby to stare at.
23. It is not easy to move the mamaRoo round the house since there are no battery compartment. You can only use it close to a wall outlet, so the freedom to move around the house as you like is totally lacking.
25. You should only use this baby swing for your baby if he/she is able to sit up unassisted. Don’t try to cut corners here. If your child is not yet ready, then don’t use this swing. Although you can buy it now and keep it for your baby if you are okay with the price tag now. The maximum child weight is also 25 pounds. Following this instructions mean that you are going to keep your child safe from unnecessary accidents.
Also Read: 4moms rockaRoo Baby Swing Review
This swing, especially the newest version, costs upwards of $200. This is on the high side and the features on the swing seems to be on the low side for such a price. Overall, the price-to-value ratio of the 4moms mamaRoo Baby Swing is very low.