It’s always risky business when it comes to picking a bottle for your infant.
Firstly, there are so many choices.
Secondly, you never know what your baby will end up liking or rejecting. Additionally, there is no dearth of baby bottles these days, especially when it comes to innovation and design that allows the baby to adapt to the bottle easily and without any fuss.
Let’s look at the different things you need to keep in mind in order for the infant to get used to baby bottles.
Navigate This Guide
- Getting the Baby to Latch
- Angled Nipple
- Vented Valve
- Orthodontic Nipple
- Getting the Size Right
- Small Holes
- Big Holes
- Reviews of the Best Baby Bottles for Infants
- 1. Philips Avent Anti-Colic Baby Bottle
- 2. Evenflo Feeding Zoo Friends Polypropylene Bottle
- 3. Nanobebe Breastmilk Baby Bottle
- 4. Comotomo Natural Feel Baby Bottle
- Final Verdict on the Best Baby Bottles for Infants
Getting the Baby to Latch
The nipple that feeds the baby is the most important part of any baby bottle. Often, latching is the most common issue that parents have to deal with when trying to introduce the bottle.
Which is why you need to take into consideration the kind of nipple that your baby can latch on to. Let’s look at the different components to facilitate latching.
- An angled nipple leans towards the side your baby wants, which is beneficial in case the baby tilts his/her head and doesn’t want to move the entire bottle.
- The hold in the valve is crucial for the baby to avoid sucking in air while drinking the liquid, which is liable to cause colic, gas or spit-ups.
- This is when the nipple can be flattened to assist sucking of the milk by the baby.
Getting the Size Right
It’s very important that the size of the nipple and the bottle are just about right for the baby, in order to assist the feeding and introduce the transition from breastfeeding to bottles.
Let’s look at the different kinds of nipple holes in order to understand flows and how it affects the baby’s feeding.
- Usually meant for younger babies, small holes usually mean a slow flow of liquid, which is essential to avoid spillage.
- This size is perfect for older babies who can control the amount that’s pouring in.
Reviews of the Best Baby Bottles for Infants
Here are some of the top baby bottles you can get for your infant now:
1. Philips Avent Anti-Colic Baby Bottle
One of the biggest brands that inculcate healthy feeding as well as innovation, the Philips Avent Anti-Colic Baby Bottle comes in a pack of five 4-ounce bottles.
It is perfect for infants and brings together the aesthetics of health as well as comfort. Let’s look at its many properties.
- The five anti-colic bottles come with five anti-colic caps and Newborn-Flow nipples.
- The nipples are made of silicone.
- The bottles have been developed after extensive research and trials.
- The bottles are ideal for medium-sized feeds.
- The bottles have shown a reduction of feeding time fussing among the babies, as compared to other conventional bottles.
- The bottles are easy to assemble and clean.
- Some users have complained of spillage and leakage.
- Some users have stated that the colic in their children has had no effect after using this.
You can buy it here.
2. Evenflo Feeding Zoo Friends Polypropylene Bottle
Interactivity is one of the key features of this bottle as it not only brings forth its functional aesthetics to the user but also allows for the children to be amused by the catchy designs on the surface of the bottles.
Let’s look at the different ways the Evenflo Feeding Zoo Friends Polypropylene Bottles can add that extra zing to your infant’s daily feeding routine.
- The nipples are anatomic that are designed to be a natural fit for an infant.
- The air vents at the neck of the nipple help in minimizing the influx of air into the bottle and reduce collapse of the nipple.
- It is compatible with other types of attachments such as Proflow, Classic and Evenflo nipples.
- All bottles come with individual caps.
- It’s made of plastic, which means that it’s easy to clean and maintain.
- It’s BPA-free.
- It’s leak-proof.
- The product is priced at a lower end as compared to other baby bottles for infants.
- Some users have complained that the nipples tend to crack and hence become a choking hazard.
- Some users have experienced leakage.
You can find the bottles right here.
3. Nanobebe Breastmilk Baby Bottle
One of the key properties of baby bottles is to provide comfort as well as a free flow of nutrients that is there in the bottle.
Which is why the Nanobebe Breastmilk Baby Bottle is one of the safest bets in the industry right now.
This bottle is perfect for those babies who exhibit nipple confusion, with its shape and size emulating the breastfeeding experience. Let’s look at the many features of this bottle.
- The bottle storage is such that the liquid will coll twice as fast as compared to other bottles in order to protect the nutrients.
- The bottle comes with a breast pump adapter.
- It has a seal for milk storage.
- It is easy to clean and assemble.
- It is free of BPA, PVC, lead as well as phthalate.
- Its slow flow comes from a double vent system that helps prevent colic and gas.
- Some users have reported leakage.
You can buy this product right here.
4. Comotomo Natural Feel Baby Bottle
One of the leading brands for baby bottles, the Comotomo Natural Feel Baby Bottle is one of the highest rated bottles for not just its design but also innovation.
This imported brand brings together the malleability of silicone and the child-friendliness with its shape and feel.
Let’s look at the many properties of this brand and this particular baby bottle model.
- It has a wide neck for easy cleaning.
- It is safe to use in a microwave oven, sterilizers and dishwashers.
- The nipple and the body is made up of medically approved silicone.
- Its double anti-colic vents ensure that the baby has a comfortable feeding time without any dangers of colic or gas or spit ups.
- The product is designed to latch, with its wide mound.
- It ensures no leakage and a slow flow.
- Some users have stated that they do not get to choose the flow of the milk.
- Some users have complained about leakage.
You can buy this highly rated product right here.
Final Verdict on the Best Baby Bottles for Infants
It’s of absolute importance that your child gets the best care in terms of feeding. And that is why choosing the right bottle for this transition phase is extremely important.
Be sure to take all kinds of steps to ensure that your child gets the best feeding option.