How big or small are your nipples?
Even if they are small, they are great for breastfeeding especially when you employ the best breast pump for small nipples.
For the moms who are soon going back to work or do not have the opportunity to be near the baby quite often, you will require a breast pump.
Since nipples come in all sizes, you need to know that there is no one size fits all breast pump out there.
The breast pump your neighbor is using may not be the perfect fit for you.
While some pumps are designed for larger nipples, others are awesome for small nipples.
Navigate This Guide
- Buying Guide for the Best Breast Pump for Travel
- Do I need the breast pump?
- What to Consider When Buying a Breast Pump
- Overview of the Best Breast Pump for Small Nipples
- #1: Ameda Purely Yours Ultra™ Breast Pump
- #2: Lansinoh Smartpump Double Electric Breast Pump
- #3: Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump
- Final Word on the Best Breast Pump for Small Nipples
Buying Guide for the Best Breast Pump for Travel
Do I need the breast pump?
If you are asking yourself this question, you need to learn a lot concerning the role of breast pumps in mothers’ lives.
Some of you are working, traveling a lot or just don’t have time to sit around and breastfeed the baby.
If you fall into any of the mentioned categories, you know what breast pump means to you.
A breast pump allows you to pump while working and when a five-minute break comes, you’ll be ready to feed your baby.
Also, the pump allows you to leave the baby with someone else at home, while you go working or traveling.
You just express milk with the pump and store them for later use. Even if you are a stay-at-home mom, some situations require immediate use of stored milk.
What to Consider When Buying a Breast Pump
Before embarking on looking for friends; recommendations, you should know that what works for them may not work for you.
Some features make someone buy something, but not necessarily the same to you.
- Portability – if you are planning to travel or go back to work, you’ll need a portable pump. But stay-at-home mothers might not see it as something serious for consideration.
- Cost – you should go for something within your reach. A pump you can afford. But you should also take note of cheap ones, because they may be costly in the long run.
- Ease of cleaning – some pumps come with many parts. This may become a headache for most mothers when cleaning the pump. An easy to clean pump saves you time so that you can spend it somewhere else.
- The effectiveness of the pump – this is measured by how much milk the pump is capable of producing within a specific time frame. If you wish to express more milk in a short period, you should take note of suction strength as well the speed. Also, determine if you need a single or double breast pump
- Comfort – the pump flanges should fit correctly to your nipples to avoid unnecessary friction.
Overview of the Best Breast Pump for Small Nipples
Here are some of the best pumps you can get now to help you pump more milk for your baby:
#1: Ameda Purely Yours Ultra™ Breast Pump
The pump has an independent suction and speed control and another feature that allows you to adjust the settings to the point when you are comfortable.
It also has a Proven Airlock Protection™ that keeps away pathogens and other germs from coming in contact with the milk.
- Its flanges are sold separately due to its different sizes. So you won’t have to buy the whole pump system especially if you would love to change the breast flanges
- There are no risks of muscle fatigue when you pump manually, thanks to swivel grip designed handle
- Easy to clean and assemble
- Comes with a closed system to support your hygiene efforts
- It has a lighter weight, meaning you can carry it anywhere
- Difficult to source its spare parts ever since Ameda ceased mass producing it.
- It sometimes gets noisy as you pump. But are you after the noise or the milk?
Is it for you?
This breast pump is the best fit for working mothers with small nipples, but it doesn’t mean that if you are not working, you should not use it. The fact that you cannot buy the whole system at once is an advantage. You get the flanges that fit you.
#2: Lansinoh Smartpump Double Electric Breast Pump
Hygienic Closed System Design to keep the expressed milk free from germs, not to mention customizable pumping patterns for maximum milk production.
In fact, you can use it as a single or double electric pump.
- Very affordable
- Does not produce a lot of noise, so you don’t risk waking up the baby
- Its fewer parts make it easier to clean
- The pump comes with storage bags to help you store milk
- The pump has an average suction
- It is not the most reliable electric pump you can find
Is it for you?
If you are looking for the best breast pump for small nipples, this is it. Well, their unique Lansinoh Baby App is something else; you can monitor your pumping statistics and even get help faster. You can get all your lactation questions answered in a record time.
#3: Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump
Broke your pump?
Don’t worry; there are plenty of spare parts out there. Plus, you have a choice of pumping either both breasts or one at a time.
- Allows you to adjust the speed settings as well as the suction
- No stress concerning spare parts
- Efficient and convenient, thanks to its double pumping capabilities
- Its open system can encourage molds to grow. Ensure you clean it daily to avoid this
- Milk can leak out of its flanges
Is it for you?
Overall, if you are a working mom, this is the breast pump for you. Besides, the pump is user-friendly and customizable.
Final Word on the Best Breast Pump for Small Nipples
If you are a mother, a breast pump should be your best friend. It will help achieve more in less time and you can invest the saved time on other things.
To get your best breast pump for small nipples, factor in your unique needs and go for the best. I hope these reviews were helpful in enabling you to choose the best breast pump for small nipples.